Thursday, August 9, 2012

This is the Liberal Crusader

Welcome to my blog. You may have seen me on Facebook as Steven Kohlbert (NOT Stephen Colbert). If not, you can go check out that page if you'd like, but it's not necessary. My style over there relied upon comments from Teabaggers and random idiots on political pages. The problem is that if you post anything political on Facebook these days, you're likely to offend someone's deepest-held beliefs, no matter who they are. If you do that, it doesn't matter whether your post or content was against the Community Standards: they'll get all their friends together and spam you with reports until you die of cerebral hemorrhaging. This, then, puts you in Facebook jail, which in turn affects your ability to communicate with your hot girlfriend who lives overseas...

Maybe that last part just describes me, but I think you see my point. One of the reasons I took this political stuff away from Facebook is that as time went on, the reports just got way out of hand. There's also a lot of suspicion going around that paid trolls are being sent out as astro-turfing conservatives. I've even been accused by such luminaries as "Joe" the "Plumber" of being on George Soros' payroll to make fun of him. Would it kill him to know that I did that for free until he banned me? Maybe a man who pays himself a $60,000 annual salary from his campaign's general fund doesn't understand the concept of doing something without monetary gain, though I'd say his book sales should be proof enough that he's fine with not making money off his "work".

But I digress.

Anyways, I plan on using this blog to host my political essays and ramblings. If things get serious/big, I may open it up to guest bloggers on occasion, but except for the rare guest appearance, everything here will be my owns thoughts, words, and feelings (unless it's in quotation marks).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment